Humbled Housewife

Friday, June 28, 2013

Enchilada Rolls

This is one of my all time favorite recipes.  I remember my mom making them when I was growing up and I've passed my love for them onto my kids.  They are quite versatile.  I've made them a few different ways and even tried a chicken verde version that was fabulous.  But this is very close to the original recipe my mom always made and is my favorite version.


Ingredients

1/2 jar chopped green olives
1 can chopped black olives
1/2 can red enchilada sauce
1 green pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1-1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Mexican blend is also great!)
1/2 cube melted butter
1 dz. hard rolls (medium/large)

Slice open the top of the hard rolls and remove the inside.  Mix all other ingredients into a medium bowl, stuff into rolls, and cover with top.

 
Wrap each roll in aluminum foil as you go along.  Then place all rolls in a 350 degree oven.
 
 
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  If I double the recipe, I bake for 30 minutes.
 
Once they're done, take them out with tongs so you don't burn your fingers and let them cool for a few minutes.  
 
Unwrap and enjoy!
 
 
 
Clean up is a breeze!  Just wad the foil up! ☺
 
 
They make great campfire dinners as well.  Put them over some hot coals or throw them on a hot BBQ grill for a few minutes. 
 
They are delightful!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment