Humbled Housewife

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Frittata

Our neighbors asked my oldest son to water their animals while they were away on vacation.  In return he could bring home all the eggs he could carry.  By the end of the week, we had so many eggs I didn't have room for them all.  I finally cracked a couple dozen, scrambled them up and baked them in pie plates.  They turned out great and got eaten up.

One pie plate can hold about 8-10 eggs maybe more depending on the size.  I put about 1/2 stick of melted butter in the pie plate first.  Scramble the eggs, add about 3/4 cup milk & a cup of cheese.  I used mild cheddar because it's what I had on hand, but a sharp cheddar would've tasted great!  Then I added some salt & pepper and poured in all into a pie plate. 

You can add your own variations including but not limited to: ham, bacon, green onions, olives, mushrooms, etc. If I hadn't been in a such a hurry, I would've added them all! 

I baked them for about 30 minutes at 350.  The edges will cook faster so just keep checking the center until it's cooked thoroughly. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to testify of the good work of Dr Agbomina , I Suffer from Herpes virus since 2010 and i had frequent symptoms in my private area, after some time it will go away after using acyclovir drugs, then come back after some months. it was disheartening since i have been diagnosed, but after finding Dr Agbomina and his reviews i was convinced that he will definitely cure me and so i contacted and he told me how to get his medicine and using it for just 14 days and i will go and check up and first i said how can that be possible but i used his herbal medicine after making purchase and truly i used it and went for the test again, and my result came back negative. so i made it a task to share this good testimony in the internet so that those sick can benefit and get cured. What app or call: +2349039139161 Or Email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete