Humbled Housewife

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Supporting our Troops

I have a dear friend who's husband is serving in Afghanistan. He asked his wife to send some tortilla chips. She said, "They have all the salsa Afghanistan can hold, but no chips."

I'm putting a donation box together to send over there so if you or anyone you know is interested in donating chips or other non-perishable items, I'll toss them into a box and ship it. I'm hoping to have it shipped out by April 13 so they'll receive the chips in time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
 
So far I've had three bags of chips, three bags of sunflower seeds, and a box of herbal tea donated.  I think I'll throw some dry black beans and spices in and maybe some nuts.  They will be so grateful for anything.  I have a cousin who is a teacher and she is having her class write notes to the troops and sending a few goodies as well.  And the wife of a friend told me she had ten bags of chips to donate! Woo-Hoo!
 
This is such a great service project!  If you come across my blog and would like to donate, I have a paypal account you can send donations to.  It would help cover S&H and if I get enough donations, I'll buy more stuff and send another box or two. = )
 
I will post updates with pictures as I receive more donations.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment